Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Going Grey With Scrap-Creations challenge: Favorite Embellishment!


  Happy Tuesday!!! I am a bit late posting today and I apologize for that. I just ran out of hours in the day!  This week, Peggy picked "favorite embellishment" for the challenge.  I am definitely someone who is embellishment challenged, and honestly, I only really use 2 embellishments on my cards, Flowers and gems. If I could just color and stick my picture on some DP, I would.  Really, I just like to color and play with paper...LOL... With this weeks challenge being open to so many ideas, I went with a digi image I have had for a long time, and unfortunately, I have someone to give this card to.  One of my coworkers (young), was recently diagnosed with breast cancer, and she has been so strong through the process thus far, and I just want to let her know that I think she is amazing and I am here for her, so this card is for her.
          My card this week was inspired by this card by  Theresa , and you can see her card here. I used a saturated Canary image, and went with quote I found on line.  Simple, yet powerful! Obviously, I went with my go to embellishments...again, so challenged!

                            Last weeks back to school projects were awesome, and the TOP 3 are:

                                                                       Scrappy jan

                                                                            Lola


                                                                     Card D ology

Fabulous cards ladies Please feel free to grab the I made TOP 3 banner on the right of my blog!
  
    Feast your eyes on the DT's amazing"Embellishment" projects!

                                                        Gale

                                                  Peggy

Weren't those fabulous? Don't be afraid to head to their blogs and leave them a little love. You will have 2 weeks on Monday @ 6pm to get your card in for the challenge. We only allow 2 entry's per person. Also, we have new Blog Badges, please feel free to take one and post on your blog. I will be picking the top 3 in 2 weeks, and I will award 3 people with the new top 3 badge! When posting to a gallery's, please use the key words GGSC186...Have a great day and happy creating


2 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Super cute, Kristen! I'm sorry about your friend though.

My favorite embellishment is ribbon.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous creations!! Love Gale's pink and Peggy.. I love the blue and brown too! Your bow is amazing!! Thanks for another fun challenge!

- Susan
{Scrap A Thousand Words}
Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges